A Music Together® Class is:
• A community of families sharing songs, instrument play, rhythm chants and movement activities in a relaxed, playful, non-performance-oriented setting.
• Music learned through developmentally appropriate activities that support and respect the unique learning styles of very young children.
• Infants, toddlers and preschoolers participating at their own levels in family-style classes of mixed ages.
• Parents and caregivers contributing to the enrichment of their child's music environment-regardless of their own musical abilities.
• A new song collection each semester, featuring great arrangements of original and traditional songs in a wide variety of tonalities, meters and cultural styles.
• 45 minutes of PURE FUN with your child every week!
About our mixed-age format...
In the 1980's Music Together pioneered the development of the mixed-age approach in early childhood music. In each class
we strive to create a musically rich, developmentally appropriate environment where the whole family can enjoy music and
nurture skills at the level right for each child. Mixed-age classes also provide a rich learning environment because children of
different ages thrive when they interact with each other: the babies are often fascinated by the older child, and the "big"
children (3- and 4-year-olds) enjoy helping and sharing with the "little" ones. This approach is based on research from music
education, early childhood development, and family relationships, as well as our 20 years experience in the field.
Do infant's really benefit?
Yes! Infants’ participation will seem passive at first, as they actively absorb what they are seeing, hearing and feeling.
Caregivers will learn to recognize their infant’s musical responses and observe them reaching musical milestones.
As their bodies and nervous systems mature, the infants often show progressively more complex musical responses
and evidence of song recognition. Parents will learn in class how to nurture their child’s music development and how
to create or enhance the musical bond with their child.
SUMMER SESSION IMPORTNT DATES: (7 weeks)
Summer Session Jul 8 - Aug 25
**Be sure to click on the correct tab below for the session you are choosing**